Tea and Crumpets

Have you ever had a crumpet? We saw some at our local grocery store, so we bought a pack of premade ones to try them out. Of course, we served them with tea, since it seemed like that was the thing to do. The kids liked them a lot so we bought another batch for this week. I'm wanting to try making them from scratch but I haven't done that yet. 

We put a lot of whipped cream (sweetened with maple syrup) and some big juicy berries on top. I didn't have any because I avoided anything sweet for two weeks to kick my sugar cravings (it totally worked, by the way...I was amazed! I don't crave sugar at all now!) Anyway, I can't comment, but it was two thumbs up from everyone else.

So now we've had crumpets, scones, shortbread...I think we're slowing mastering the British baked goods :)






Comments

  1. Many moons ago we used to do nearly the same thing using crumpets for strawberry short cake...sorta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! by the way, i have a new flavor to add to your muffin list if you haven't made them already- fig! A friend gave us a bunch of figs from her tree and i made figgy waffles. excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Teatime: January

Becoming Bilingual (and Figuring out Flour)

Nauntonbury