Where We Live, Part Four: Village Coffee Shop

The Village Coffee Shop is not actually a coffee shop. It is more like a coffee hour, held at the village church every Thursday morning.




The kids and I have gone twice and it is a lovely time to meet and chat with other villagers and to enjoy the beautiful church. Most attendees are older and retired so they are always good to the kids. The kids like it because they always get a biscuit (which you will remember is actually a cookie...)

I like it because I can learn about the village and area from people who know better than I do what is going on!





Comments

  1. How old are the graves in the church cemetery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't checked all of them and some are unreadable but I can remember 18th c for sure. I am certain there are older ones that I can't read bc church has been there since 12th c...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Teatime: January

Becoming Bilingual (and Figuring out Flour)

Nauntonbury